In trying to write this blog in English I hope finally able to start jabber a few words in this language. I will mobilise various tools for that my text be in accordance with the rules of grammar and spelling. Thanks for your corrections and comments.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Sunday, March 30, 2008
- Hot = chaud (I'm hot = j'ai chaud, it's hot = il fait chaud), épicé, expert, fort, calé (to be hot "ou" at sthg = être fort ou calé en quelque chose), récent, de dernière heure ou minute, tempérament (colérique), chauffer (hot up)
- All = tout, toute, (all the time = tout le temps), tous, toutes (everybody, everything), (of all = de tous), complètement (I'd forgotten all about that = j'avais complètement oublié cela), (all alon = tout seul), partout (the score is five all = le score est cinq partout), d'autant (to run all the faster = courir d'autant plus vite), (all in all = dans l'ensemble), si (it's not all that interesting = ce n'est pas si intéressant que ça), (in all = en tout).
- Crave = avoir soif de, avoir un besoin fou ou maladif de..., raffoler
- Background : arrière-plan, fond, de fond (couleur de fond = b. colour, éclairage d'ambiance = b. light, bruit de fond = b. noise), dans le fond (in the background), à l'arrière plan, au second plan, origine sociale (young man of good b. = garçon de bonne famille), formation, expérience professionnelle, contexte historique, information ( I need a bit more b. = j'ai besoin de plus de données, etc.).
Friday, March 28, 2008
The very delicate landing of Superman at the top of a skyscraper ( "Superman Returns" by Bryan Singer).
-Sky = ciel
-Scraper = grattoir, racloir
-Skyscraper = gratte-ciel
-Landing = atterrissage, debarquement, palier (of stairs)
-Top = haut, important, supérieur, fameux, meilleur, premier, maximum, à toute vitesse (at top speed), sommet, cime, début, dessus (on top), exagérer, à tue-tête, bouchon, capuchon, couvercle, tête, être en tête de, surpasser, surenchérir, dépasser,
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Pack of cigarettes thrown on an unmade bed after a night of love in a ferry boat ("Brève traversée" by Catherine Breillat).
-Throw = jeter, lancer, désarçonner, piquer, déconcerter, décontenancer, jet, gaspiller, perdre, séparable, rejeter, mettre à la porte, expulser, renvoyer, projeter, vomir
-Unmade = qui n'est pas fait, défait (bed), non goudronné (road)
Monday, March 24, 2008
Laces undone of an astronaut in a space station ("Solaris", by Tarkovsky).
-Undone = défait (knot, button), se défaire, se dénouer (of hair), se desserrer, se délacer, se dégrafer, se découdre, se défiler, se déficeler, être perdu, être défait (I am undone!)
Sunday, March 23, 2008
578) Because, in truth, there are few films that I appreciate completely.
579) It happens to me sometimes, however, to appreciate a plan, a sequence, a single detail*.
580) I intend to mention and to remember these details.
*Slash caused by the tail of a giant lizard on the facade of a building in "Godzilla" (by Roland Emmerich).
-Slash = entaille, casser (prices, budget), réduire considérablement
-Tail = queue
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
572) Yes, this night, I was verbally abused.
573) I was told the things that hurt me a lot, which I reached in my dignity.
574) I reacted, alas, with pride.
575) To my knowledge, these things happen only at the full moon.
576) I am going to bed.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
"Déchaînez le monstre qui est dans votre slip".
- Unleash = lâcher (des chiens), déchaîner, provoquer, déclencher, libérer.
- Pants = (anglais britannique) caleçon, culotte, slip, pantalon.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
- Damage = nuire à, dommage, dégât, tort, endommager, abîmer.
- Trying = pénible, éprouvant, difficile. Essayer ? Tenter ? Chercher à ... ?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
561) So, here’s what I will to do:
562) Given the magnitude and persistence of the phenomenon, I decided to exploit it.
563) From today I will translate all the spams (the majority are in English).
564) In the same way, when I will receive an advertising phone call, I will take advantage to put into practice my oral English.
565) I will respond with my catastrophic English while stating that my language is Tagalog.
566) There is no doubt that this will be an excellent workout.
567) So here right away the first spam (received just a moment ago) : « Things women like about men ».
568) I tried to translate this spam with «Google translation», but I am discouraged, I get an incoherent sentence : « Choses femmes comme sur les hommes ».
569) But I suppose that means: "Ce que les femmes aiment chez les hommes", or something of its kind.
Advertising = publicité. Given = étant donné, vu. Workout = séance d'entraînement. Mood = humeur
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2008
550) In my opinion, yes.
551) In fact I am sure.
552) I often noticed that people become aggressive, whereas I tended to become psychologically vulnerable.
553) This obervation led me to avoid exiting the nights of the full moon or new moon.
554) And I do not think that it is of esotericism.
555) Neither the expression of an obsessive compulsive disorder.
556) I have seen and experienced more than once it.
557) Indeed, although discreet, the phenomenon exists.
558) The psychopaths, the pyromaniacs, the kleptomaniacs, the roadhogs, the alcoholics criminals would pass in the act more often when the moon grows than when it decreases.
559) But, to tell the truth, I feel quite alone with these finding.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Monday, March 3, 2008
541) Until now I was convinced that it was a Turkish word.
542) Yesterday afternoon, at the supermarket, I found a piece of paper with à list of foods that I don't eat never (except cheese).
543) I explain why:
544) When I was a kid - I had about four years-, I spent an entire afternoon to play with a baby pig.
545) The next morning I was awakened by cries of terror.
546) It was my game companion that was in the process of make cut the throat.
547) The sight and smell of his blood, his afraid, his cries, the show of its bodies scattered and his agony still haunt me.
548) That's undoubtedly why I became a vegetarian.
- List of shoppings
- Green Brain
- Black Moon
- A mosaic of colored brains
- SPAM - "Heat up your bedroom with your giant tool"...
- SPAM -"She is trying to damage your reputation."
- SPAM - "Unleash the monster in your pants".
- SPAM - "Naked shoolgirls in dormitory."
- My left foot with the sock of right foot
- full moon
- Details of movies
- Details of movies
- Details of movies
- Details of movies
- Blue brain on the green background
- Tomorrow I begin intensive English lessons.
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2009 (58)